Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Updates!

So today I was told this was who I would be working with at Bandai to get the BlueFin website up to speed for our customers.



ThisIsAwesome.jpg

And for those who don't know yet I now work at BlueFin, the U.S.'s official Gundam and Collectible Distributor.  We work directly with Bandai's hobby division to bring gundam models and Robot Spirits figures to stores near you!


While I was working my Press/Industry splot at Anime Expo, I was using our workstation to look at potential jobs for me while applying to nursing school. Unfortunately I had to rule out hospital related jobs since I needed additional certification to do pretty much anything health related. So my friends gave me the idea that since I was particularly passionate about gundam, I should probably look into something anime related even if only for a while. Quick to the dealer's hall where companies are present!

So I met with various companies ranging from retail to wholesale and dropped off contact information and collected business cards. Now the Bluefin booth which has become infamous in recent years for its LARGE quantity of gundam stock at anime cons has always had my attention. I've been getting models from them for years, perhaps even before it was called Bluefin. I'd seen the mostly same crew working the cons I visited so I hustled over. I had also entered the West coast BAKUC division earlier and I inquired with the elderly gentleman and discovered that they were located close to me. Holy crap that's the city next door to me. Sweet. Dropped off my info and collected a business card. The following day I shot an email with my resume over. Got a reply, yay! Next week got a phone call interview. Sweet. That Sunday, "hey you want to come in to check out the warehouse." Fuck yeah!

And the first thing I did at my new job was put the Tauros armor on a Saint Seiya figure because, ComiCon was in 2 days and we had a lot of packing for our display to do.

1 comment:

Z said...

I know I'm a bit late but still worth saying I guess...

Congratulations on getting the job :)

Good luck to you on connecting to US gunpla modelers!

By the way... by any chance, do you guys have any plans on coming up to Oregon's kumoricon? We usually have a really poor selection of Gundam models here...