Saturday, January 24, 2009

Arms!!!!! part 2

Photobucket

Comparison of my first arm on the left, and the new arm on the right. The joint was originally too long and gave a rather weird appearance. Right side also shows how much better the guy looks with a longer neck.

Here are some additional pictures of the arm

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Now I just have to add details to the joint. CycloneX suggests I use the semi-circular sprues, so I'll have to see how that goes. I will also have to prime this to see how off the axis is.



I also now have a schematic in case anyone wants to replicate this:

Photobucket


The holes use a 7/64 size drill bit and are the right size to use plastic sprue.

Speaking of which. The quality of this Airmaster is pretty bad. There were a lot of instances of flash on the parts trees and it looks like various panel lines are not as deep as they should be.

Photobucket

No comments: